Two brick distributed not redistributing

Hello,

Are these two services supposed to be installed on the server? What is
the purpose of each service?

[root at gfs1 ~]# service  --status-all | grep gluster
glusterd (pid  3704) is running...
glusterfsd (pid 3901) is running...
[root at gfs1 ~]#

Wonder if any of you have come across this and can advice.

I have two brick setup I am trying to setup and evaluate if it will
work for us. I have noticed that glusterfs clients seem to be using
one brick consistently and  this don't seem to be consistent with
documentation.  Is this the expected behaviour  or do I have a
misconfiguration somewhere in my installation.