Long client hangs in replicated configuration with 2-nodes acting as own clients

Hello;

I have installed glusterfs 3.2.4 to a pair of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1
x86_64 machines with 2GB memory. I am attempting to mirror a directory full
of content between the two servers, which also serve and update the content
through a webapp via Apache. My issue is that the client mount points hang
for 30 minutes or so if either node is brought down.

The volfile will be at the end of this e-mail.

I setup two bricks, one each on nodes server01 and server02, using ext4 and
acl mount options. The vfstab entries on each server look like this

/dev/mapper/sysvg-brick01 /brick01              ext4
defaults,nosuid,acl        1 2