Gluster text file configuration information?

Where can I find documentation about manual configuration of Gluster
peers/volumes? All documentation seems to be about the gluster CLI. I
would prefer manual configuration to facilitate automation via scripts
(e.g. Puppet/Chef).

I also read in this list that it is possible to configure Raid10 via
text files...  I would also like to experiment with this setup. Any
related documents on how to do this would be appreciated.

regards
Horacio