No subject

of the GlusterFS servers and then increased the Proxy server count. If ther=
e are any other GlusterFS servers then you can start Gluster Object Storage=
 on those machines and do some load balancing over all these machines by us=
ing Pound, nginx etc. This will help reduce the cpu usage of the current ma=
chine and also utilize the other server resources.

I read the documentation and there's no mention about separating the swift/=
object-storage servers in such way. I already have a working setup, I just =
need to add more proxies.
I could, of course, setup two sets of independent servers and somehow do a =
messy data sharding between the two servers, but it's simpler and cheaper t=
o scale just the proxy servers as needed (this is almost standard procedure=
 in Swift) since, from our measurements, they are the bottleneck.

There is a difference here how the swift and Gluster Object Storage work. C=
urrently, all the servers (proxy, auth, object, etc) are all coupled to eac=
h other and hence they cannot be seperated. This can be emulated by configu=
ring the setup as I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Junaid

--_000_232914239D8BEE4DB46C66AE74E75E550365A8E1mbx024e1nj10exc_

<head>
1">
0;}</style>
</head>
10pt;">Hi Daniel.<br>
If you want to to load balance the load on proxy server across multiple mac=
hines then you have to use load balancer, Pound is the one we have tested w=
ith, it will load balance across all the backend proxies. This is the only =
way for load balancing on proxy.<br>
If you don't want proxy and other storage (object/container/account) workin=
g on the same node/machine, as you mentioned in the latest code there is pr=
ovision to setup remote object/container/account server. Let me know if you=
 are facing any issue with this.<br>
If your testing with HTTPS workload then CPU usage will be high due to SSL =
processing, we observer very low CPU usage with HTTP.<br>
Regards,<br>
Gaurav<br>
 16px;">
<hr tabindex=3D"-1">
ace=3D"Tahoma" size=3D"2"><b>From:</b> gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org [g=
luster-users-bounces at gluster.org] on behalf of Mohammed Junaid [junaid at glus=
ter.com]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: Gluster object-storage additional proxy=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Yes, I did that. However the CPU usage gets very high (100% for all cores) =
to have all the Gluster and Swift daemons running on the same machine. We w=
ant to separate the processes in the same manner it is already possible in =
Swift.</blockquote>
 one of the GlusterFS servers and then increased the Proxy server count. If=
 there are any other GlusterFS servers then you can start Gluster Object St=
orage on those machines and do some
 load balancing over all these machines by using Pound, nginx etc. This wil=
l help reduce the cpu usage of the current machine and also utilize the oth=
er server resources.</div>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
I read the documentation and there's no mention about separating the swift/=
object-storage servers in such way. I already have a working setup, I just =
need to add more proxies.<br>
I could, of course, setup two sets of independent servers and somehow do a =
messy data sharding between the two servers, but it's simpler and cheaper t=
o scale just the proxy servers as needed (this is almost standard procedure=
 in Swift) since, from our measurements,
 they are the bottleneck.<br>
rk. Currently, all the servers (proxy, auth, object, etc) are all coupled t=
o each other and hence they cannot be seperated. This can be emulated by co=
nfiguring the setup as I mentioned
 above.</div>

--_000_232914239D8BEE4DB46C66AE74E75E550365A8E1mbx024e1nj10exc_--