gluster usable as open source solution

Uwe Kastens <kisteorg at googlemail.com> wrote on 08/04/2011 08:36:43 AM:

> > - Anybody using the open source edition in a bigger production
> > environment? How is the expierence over a longer time?

> bigger is a matter of perspective and implementation. ?My bigger is very
> different than most other people on the list's bigger. ?would be more
> beneficial to you to ask more specific questions.
>

> I was thinking about a setup with 50TB and 4 Nodes. Starting with a
> simple storage for vm snapshots.

so my experience is not helpful for you :)  I've a similar number of nodes,
but i have hundreds of volumes and all the clients are accessing millions
of little files.

that being said... i am curious about people's experience with your
scenario too, its something we are considering gluster for in the future if
we ever get to that point.

-greg