Online operations

Hi,

I have done some testing with glusterfs on the localhost. I was
wondering what all operations you can do online with a glusterfs volume.

Is it possible to remove a brick and shrink the volume without taking
some data offline? Like a pvmove in Linux LVM that moves all data off a
disk before you take it offline?

Are the following operations possible to do online?

- Change between mirroring and striping
- Change the mirror or stripe count
- Merge two volumes
- Split a volume into two

Is there a plan for supporting other redundancy levels that mirror, e.g.
RAID 5, 6, ...?

Thanks for any ideas,
Anselm Strauss