cluster/distribute vs DHT

Hi Frederico,

You guessed it right, distribute is the new name for DHT as the name
"distribute" is more intuitive.

Here is the volfile for the client with distribute+replicate with out
any performance translator:
-----------
volume client1
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev1
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume client2
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev2
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume client3
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev3
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume client4
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev4
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume client5
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev5
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume client6
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp
option remote-host sev6
option remote-subvolume brick
end-subvolume

volume replicate1
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes client1 client2
end-volume

volume replicate2
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes client3 client4
end-voloume

volume replicate4
type cluster/replicate
subvolumes client5 client6
end-volume

volume distribute
type cluster/distribute
subvolumes replicate1 replicate2 replicate3
end-volume
-------------

If you need performance translators, you can add these translators to
the end of the file:
---------

## Add readahead feature
volume readahead
type performance/read-ahead
option page-size 1MB # unit in bytes
option page-count 2 # cache per file = (page-count x page-size)
subvolumes distribute
end-volume

## Add IO-Cache feature
volume iocache
type performance/io-cache
option page-size 256KB
option page-count 2
subvolumes readahead
end-volume

## Add writeback feature
volume writeback
type performance/write-behind
option aggregate-size 1MB
option window-size 2MB
option flush-behind off
subvolumes iocache
end-volume

For replicate (for nufa like effect), we have an option "option
read-volume <volname>" which ensures that replicate always does the
reads from the volume configured (which is usually the local
storage/posix volume)

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Krishna