mount with -o suid

I am trying to use glusterfs for a shared /home directory across a few
servers.  I wanted to enable the ability for binaries to be set suid
because I'd like to be able to have an ikiwiki instance managing part
of my webpage.   I've tried putting "suid" in the options section of
fstab, and I have googled a fair amount looking for a way to get this
to work without luck.  It looks as though glusterfs does not support
mount options.

Am I missing something? If not, are there plans to support mounting
with the suid option?

Thanks!

Luke