Node Failure

Thankyou for your reply!

Pointing out the extended attributes use, this put us at ease as to
gluster doing the right thing with older files.

Chris Davies also pointed out:

--
If you have clientside AFR on, as you request files from the mounted
volume, if they are not on both machines, the namespace will

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Understanding_AFR_Translator

On that page, you can see a way to force a self-heal with

$ find /mnt/glusterfs -type f -print0 | xargs -0 head -c1 >/dev/null

which is listed about 1/3 of the way down the page.

--

We went ahead and everything ran smoothly. The configuration changes
were only to make sure the right bricks were accessed by the clients

Thanks again for your help!