From: Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2023 4:15 AM
To: gluster-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx <gluster-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx>; gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Maaz Sheikh <maaz.sheikh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rahul Kumar Sharma <rrsharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Sweta Dwivedi <sweta.dwivedi@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Pushpendra Garg <pushpendra.garg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Regarding Glusterfs file locking

As far as I remember there are only 2 types of locking in Linux:
- Advisory
- Mandatory

In order to use mandatory locking, you need to pass the "mand" mount option to the FUSE client(mount -o mand,<my other mount options> ...) and chmod g+s,g-x /<FUSE PATH>/<Target file>

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov
В сряда, 1 февруари 2023 г., 13:22:59 ч. Гринуич+2, Maaz Sheikh <maaz.sheikh@xxxxxxxxxxx> написа:

Team, please let us know if u have any feedback.