Re: [Gluster-users] Announcing Gluster release 10.1

A nice passive-aggressive comment from a @redhat.com. Kind of proves my point.

/Z

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 10:08 AM Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 9:58 AM Zakhar Kirpichenko <zakhar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maintenance updates != new feature releases (and never has).

Thanks for this, but what's your point exactly? Feature updates for CentOS 7 ended in August 2020, 1.5 years ago. This did not affect the release of 8.x updates, or 9.x release and updates for CentOS 7. Dropping CentOS 7 builds from 10.x onwards seems more in line with what RedHat/IBM did to CentOS rather than with any kind of CentOS 7 updates.

Do you have the resources to maintain the builds for EL 7?
If so, I'm sure the community would appreciate the effort and dedication and will be happy to see this continued support.

Personally, I would like to see CentOS 9 Stream support soon.
Y.

/Z