Re: Meeting minutes for Gluster Community Meeting on 27-10-2020

Hello Sankarshan, please see the replies inline below.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM sankarshan <sankarshan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nikhil, thank you for being the host of the meeting and this follow up
note to the lists. Some remarks in-line

https://bluejeans.com/441850968
> * NA
>   - Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
>   - Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/118564314

Are these meeting bridge detail still correct and do we continue to
have a meeting in NA time slices?

Not sure about the NA time slices, but yes the bridge for the APAC needs to be updated. I will send a PR to https://github.com/gluster/community for the changes in the template itself.

> -------
>
> ### Attendance
> Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
> * Nikhil Ladha - Red Hat
> * sankarshan - Kadalu.IO
> * Pranith Kumar Karampuri - PhonePe
> * Vinayak Hariharmath - RedHat
> * Ravi - Red Hat
> * Sunil Kumar - Red Hat
> * Amar Tumballi - Kadalu.IO
> * Saju Mohammed - RedHat
> * Shwetha Acharya - RedHat
> * Aravinda Vishwanathapura (aravindavk) - Kadalu.io
> * Csaba Henk - Red Hat
> * Rinku Kothiya - Red Hat
> * Barak Sason Rofman - Red Hat
> * Deepshikha - Red Hat
> * Srijan Sivakumar - Red Hat
>
> ### User stories
> * No new stories.

This section has not been seeing updates for a while now - do we want
to continue to have this? Is there a better alternative?

It may come in handy if there is one in future meetings that needs some discussion.

> ### Community
>
> * Project metrics:
>
> |    Metrics                |   Value  |
> | ------------------------- | -------- |
> |[Coverity](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs)  | 61  |
> |[Clang Scan](https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/) |   87  |
> |[Test coverage](https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/lastCompletedBuild/Line_20Coverage_20Report/)|    70.9 |
> |[Gluster User Queries in last 14 days](https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2020-October/thread.html)        |     13     |
> |[Total Github issues](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues)       |    401   |
>

> * Any release updates?
>     * [Rinku] We do not have enough patches tagged for Release7 and Release8 hence I propose to delay the release to next month, in case we get enough patches tagged for release-8 and release-7 we can consider releasing a build.

I missed following up on this during the meeting - what is being done
to ensure that there is no repeat of the paucity of patches ie.
content for the release?

All the members are requested to add appropriate tags to their PRs, so as to avoid this in the future.

> * Blocker / Severe issues across the project?
>     * [Amar] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1699
>     * [Deepshika] [Document](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vxf24dLPSCmVBfJ7PfO5bN28r9slfyoJufZX2GOzlTc/edit?usp=sharing) mentioning the criterias to be a member of gluster org   [Under review]

The process document from Deepshikha would need a "by this date"
deadline for the reviews to come in.

Not sure about any such deadline, but I suppose we have people already commenting on the doc itself to get some insights into the progress.

> * Notable thread from mailing list
>     * None

This section is usually empty of content - are there truly no threads
worth of note or is there absence of reading of the lists?

I can't comment on that. It's a general question, so if anyone finds anything notable from their end they can bring it up in the meeting.

> ### Conferences / Meetups
>
> * [Hacktoberfest](https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/)
>     * Event dates: The whole month of October.
>     * Venue: Online
>
> ### GlusterFS - v9.0 and beyond
> * Gluster release 9 roadmap [tracker](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1465)
>     * Everything is on track. Good progress on the issues.
>

> ### Developer focus
>
> * Any design specs to discuss?
>     * Updated permissions for running regression tests
>     * Stale bot
>         * Topic raised by Pranith around https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/910#issuecomment-706451616 with discussion around the [stalebot](https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/devel/.github/stale.yml) workflow. Pranith to raise an issue track proposed changes to kick in stalebot earlier than the 7 month cycle
>         * https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/910 (look at the comment on stalebot)
>         * We can choose to use a 'label'.
>     * Quota - What next?
>         * Check the RFC - https://kadalu.io/rfcs/0006-optimized-quota-feature-with-namespace.html
>         * There is a need for the feature.
>
> ### Component status
> * Arbiter - Stable / Maintained
> * AFR - Update on granular self-heal entry
> * DHT - [Barak] Will send out an invite for a session regarding Global Layout and Rebalance enhancments
> * EC - Satble / Maintained
> * DOC - [Pranith] Will be sending out a PR for updates.
> * Geo Replication - Stable
> * Glusterd - Stable / Maintained
>

> ### Recent Blog posts / Document updates
> * None
>

> ### Host
>
> * Who will host next meeting? [Nikhil]
>   - Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
>   - Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
>   - Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to http://github.com/gluster/community
>   - Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel and gluster-users list.
>

> ### Notetaker
>
> * Who will take notes from the next meeting? [Nikhil]
>

> ### RoundTable
>
> * No concerns
>

> ### Action Items on host
> * Check-in Minutes of meeting for this meeting
>
> Community Meeting Calendar:
>
> Schedule -
> Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 14:30 IST / 09:00 UTC
> Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968
>

> Gluster-devel mailing list
> Gluster-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx

sankarshan@xxxxxxxxx | TZ: UTC+0530 | +91 99606 03294
kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!