RFE - Global Layout

Greetings everyone,

I want to bring up for discussion a proposition that I personally think may be very beneficial to the project.
This proposition involves modification in the DHT layer and the design and implementation of other distribution mechanism.
As of today, Gluster employs a per-directory layout mechanism. A different approach, Global Layout, might provide substantial benefits to the product.
For more details regarding this proposal, I've created the following GitHub issue and POC doc:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1433
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wX8BBcenOK_GbUCGuJN8vlZIEkZ4MbvD3EFDegot-kM/edit?usp=sharing

I welcome all of you to share your news on the subject.

Thank you all.
--
Barak Sason Rofman

Gluster Storage Development