Re: What do extra_free and extrastd_free params do in the dictionary object?

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 4:56 PM Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I could not find a relevant use for them. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm not sure why they are needed. They seem to be used to keep the unserialized version of a dict around until the dict is destroyed. I thought this could be because we were using pointers to the unserialized data inside dict, but that's not the case currently. However, checking very old versions (pre 3.2), I see that dict values were not allocated, but a pointer to the unserialized data was used.

I think this is not needed anymore. Probably we could remove these fields if that's the only reason.
TIA,
Y.

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/441850968

Gluster-devel mailing list
Gluster-devel@xxxxxxxxxxx