Re: Query regards to expose client-pid to fuse process

Geo-replication uses this option to identify itself as an internal client

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 11:41 AM Amar Tumballi <amarts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM Mohit Agrawal <moagrawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Yes, you are right it is not a default value.

We can assign the client_pid only while volume has mounted after through a glusterfs binary directly like
/usr/local/sbin/glusterfs --process-name fuse --volfile-server=192.168.1.3 --client-pid=-3 --volfile-id=/test /mnt1

I agree that this is in general risky, and good to fix. But as the check for this happens after basic auth check in RPC (ip/user based), it should be OK.  Good to open a github issue and have some possible design options so we can have more discussions on this.

-Amar

Regards,
Mohit Agrawal