Re: making frame->root->unique more effective in debugging hung frames

The idea looks OK. One of the things that probably need to be considered (more of an implementation detail though) is how to generate frame->root->unique.

Because, for fuse, frame->root->unique is obtained by finh->unique which IIUC is got from the incoming fop from kernel itself.
For protocol/server IIUC frame->root->unique is got from req->xit of the rpc request, which itself is obtained from transport->xid of the rpc_transport_t structure (and from my understanding, the transport->xid is just incremented by everytime a
new rpc request is created).

Overall the suggestion looks fine though.

Regards,
Raghavendra