Coverity scan - how does it ignore dismissed defects & annotations?

I'm bit puzzled on the way coverity is reporting the open defects on GD1 component. As you can see from [1], technically we have 6 open defects and all of the rest are being marked as dismissed. We tried to put some additional annotations in the code through [2] to see if coverity starts feeling happy but the result doesn't change. I still see in the report it complaints about open defect of GD1 as 25 (7 as High, 18 as medium and 1 as Low). More interestingly yesterday's report claimed we fixed 8 defects, introduced 1, but the overall count remained as 102. I'm not able to connect the dots of this puzzle, can anyone?

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs/view_defects
[2] https://review.gluster.org/#/c/22619/