Re: Following up on the "Github teams/repo cleanup"

On Fri 29 Mar, 2019, 01:04 Vijay Bellur, <vbellur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:39 AM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM John Strunk <jstrunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for bringing this to the list.
>
> I think this is a good set of guidelines, and we should publicly post and enforce them once agreement is reached.
> The integrity of the gluster github org is important for the future of the project.

I agree. And so, I am looking forward to additional
individuals/maintainers agreeing to this so that we can codify it
under the Gluster.org Github org too.

Looks good to me.

While at this, I would also like us to think about evolving some guidelines for creating a new repository in the gluster github organization. Right now, a bug report does get a new repository created and I feel that the process could be a bit more involved to ensure that we host projects with the right content in github.

The bug ensures that there is a recorded trail for the request. What might be the additional detail required which can emphasize on greater involvement? At this point, I don't see many fly-by-night projects. Just inactive ones and those too for myriad reasons.