Re: GlusterFS development Environment-Debug

Hello Rajib,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM Rajib Hossen <rajibcse2k10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,
I am new to development of GlusterFS and have some experience in competitive programming in C. I want to implement systematic code for erasure coding in glusterfs. I would like to setup debugging environment. I can use gdb or any IDE. So far, I tried with CLion and Visual Studio Code but no luck. I also tried gdb. Maybe I am missing something or doing it wrong. Could you please let me know how can I setup my development environment and play with the code? Thank you very much.

Welcome to Gluster development!

Can you provide a few more details on the problems you are encountering with gdb? For working with gdb, please ensure that your glusterfs install has been built with symbols.

Also, Are you in a position to share your thoughts on implementing systematic erasure coding in GlusterFS?

Thanks,
Vijay