Re: gluster-ansible: status of the project

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:33 PM Sachidananda URS <surs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

gluster-ansible project is aimed at automating the deployment and maintenance of GlusterFS cluster.

The project can be found at:

We have the python bindings for GlusterD2 API, and can be found at:

The goal is to use the python bindings in gluster_ansible module to make it work with GlusterD2.

Current status of the project:

* We have the initial working roles, packages are available at:

* The initial version supports:
   - End-to-end deployment of Gluster Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
   - GlusterFS volume management
   - GlusterFS brick setup
   - Packages and repository management

* Autogeneration of python bindings for GlusterD2 is being worked by Sidharth (https://github.com/sidharthanup) and available at:

The GD2 API python project will be merged into python-gluster-mgmt-client.

* Ansible modules (WIP):
   - New module: Facts module for self-heal and rebalance. Devyani is working on these modules.
   - Remove brick feature for gluster_ansible module:

Is there any work planned for dynamic inventory (https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.5/dev_guide/developing_inventory.html) ?
Peers, bricks and volumes are all good candidates for dynamic inventory.

I'm sorry I missed this question while replying.
We haven't planned dynamic inventory work yet. I will plan it for the next release.

-sac