Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Master branch lock down status

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:28 PM Nigel Babu <nigelb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM Ravishankar N <ravishankar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/08/2018 05:07 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> 5) Current test failures
> We still have the following tests failing and some without any RCA or
> attention, (If something is incorrect, write back).
>
> ./tests/basic/afr/add-brick-self-heal.t (needs attention)
 From the runs captured at https://review.gluster.org/#/c/20637/ , I saw
that the latest runs where this particular .t failed were at
https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/415 and
https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/421/.
In both of these runs, there are no gluster 'regression' logs available
at https://build.gluster.org/job/line-coverage/<build-number>/artifact.
I have raised BZ 1613721 for it.

We've fixed this for newer runs, but we can do nothing for older runs, sadly.
Thanks Nigel! I'm also blocked on this. The failures are not reproducible locally.
Without the logs we can not debug the issue. Will wait for the new runs to complete.

Also, Shyam was saying that in case of retries, the old (failure) logs
get overwritten by the retries which are successful. Can we disable
re-trying the .ts when they fail just for this lock down period alone so
that we do have the logs?

Please don't apply a band-aid. Please fix run-test.sh so that the second run has a -retry attached to the file name or some such, please.