Re: Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

On 03/20/2018 07:07 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
On 03/12/2018 09:37 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
Hi,

As we wind down on 4.0 activities (waiting on docs to hit the site, and
packages to be available in CentOS repositories before announcing the
release), it is time to start preparing for the 4.1 release.

4.1 is where we have GD2 fully functional and shipping with migration
tools to aid Glusterd to GlusterD2 migrations.

Other than the above, this is a call out for features that are in the
works for 4.1. Please *post* the github issues to the *devel lists* that
you would like as a part of 4.1, and also mention the current state of
development.
Thanks for those who responded. The github lane and milestones for the
said features are updated, request those who mentioned issues being
tracked for 4.1 check that these are reflected in the project lane [1].

I have few requests as follows that if picked up would be a good thing
to achieve by 4.1, volunteers welcome!

- Issue #224: Improve SOS report plugin maintenance
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/224

- Issue #259: Compilation warnings with gcc 7.x
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/259

- Issue #411: Ensure python3 compatibility across code base
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/411

- NFS Ganesha HA (storhaug)
   - Does this need an issue for Gluster releases to track? (maybe packaging)

I will close the call for features by Monday 26th Mar, 2018. Post this,
I would request that features that need to make it into 4.1 be raised as
exceptions to the devel and maintainers list for evaluation.

Hi Shyam,

I want to add https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/363 also for 4.1. It is not a new feature but rather an enhancement to a volume option in AFR. I don't think it can qualify as a bug fix, so mentioning it here just in case it needs to be tracked too. The (only) patch is undergoing review cycles.

Regards,
Ravi

Further, as we hit end of March, we would make it mandatory for features
to have required spec and doc labels, before the code is merged, so
factor in efforts for the same if not already done.

Current 4.1 project release lane is empty! I cleaned it up, because I
want to hear from all as to what content to add, than add things marked
with the 4.1 milestone by default.
[1] 4.1 Release lane:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1#column-1075416

Thanks,
Shyam
P.S: Also any volunteers to shadow/participate/run 4.1 as a release owner?
Calling this out again!