[Feedback] Error codes instead of errnos

Jeff had opened a github issue #280 [1] regarding the $subject, and we were discussing some possibilities, and discussed below in github. I am cross posting it here so it can catch more eyes.

------

Solution proposal.

Some basic possibilities:

To do this, we need an interface, where give a errno, we need a corresponding error-code. And given an error-code, we need what errno it is, and possible error message to log for the given error code.

Currently, the implementation in 'experimental' branch is to have all this taken care in compat-errno.{c,h}. Further feedback welcome.

More possibiities?

Challenges

Calls for a half-day hackathon for all the maintainers/peers and other contributors!

Feedbacks welcome!

If the main logic, and changes to `compat-errno.{c.h}` are fine, I would like to hear about possibilities of a hackathon for getting the code-base walk through for changing errno to error code (and also possible new addition to error codes if it makes sense).

Regards,
Amar

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)