Re: Support for statx in 4.0

On 06/12/2017 01:21 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
Hey All,

Linux 4.11 has added support for a new system call, statx [1]. statx provides more information than what stat() does today. Given that there could be potential users for this new interface it would be nice to have statx supported in 4.0. We could review if some of our translators, nfs & smb accesses leverage this interface for some enhanced functionality.

I have not yet checked the current state of support for statx in fuse. Needless to say it would be useful to have it in there. If somebody's interested in working this out across the entire stack (fuse & gluster), do let us know here!

I can take a shot at this. A cursory look seems to indicate support in fuse as well, since the syscall is basically overloading vfs_getattr() and the patch contains changes to fuse_getattr to accommodate the new params. So it might just be the gluster bits where we need to introduce the fop.

Regards,
Ravi

Regards,
Vijay