Re: Questions on github

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Shyam <srangana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I would first like to see the habit of developers filing github issues for features that they are working on and are also thinking about in the near future.

When we have that practice in place, taking it forward for bugs, and questions would work better.

Currently we are still on the gaining mindshare for the former. If, as maintainers, we can do this better, taking up the latter is easier.

Hmm... based on experience, even when quite a few maintainers are there on gluster-users/gluster-devel, quite a few times the questions pertaining to a component won't get answered may be because they are busy with something else. It is a bit cumbersome to find out what are the questions that still need to be answered with the existing model.

So at least for questions it seems like a good idea to participate on github, so that if a question doesn't get answered we would at least know at some point and answer it.

Shyam