Re: performance test and a spacial workload

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Tahereh Fattahi <t28.fattahi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
I want to create a performance test with a special workload:
1. create a file in a directory
2. setxattr on the directory of the previous file
I could not merge this two in glister code and could not find a framework that generate this workload for me.
I read the code of smallfile (a framework for performance testing the gluster document introduced), maybe there is a way to change the code of this software to do a setxattr on directory after create a file.
Which one is better to spend time? change the gluster code for merge or the smallfile code? Can anyone help me?

What performance metrics are you interested in measuring?

If you are interested in measuring time, a small bash script like:

time for i in 1..N
do
   touch /mnt/glusterfs/foo/file.$i
    setfattr -n <name> -v <value> /mnt/glusterfs/foo
done

would be simpler than either approach.

Regards,
Vijay