Re: Upstream smoke test failures

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Nigel Babu <nigelb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 11:03:51AM +0530, Nithya Balachandran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our smoke tests have been failing quite frequently of late. While
> re-triggering smoke several times in order to get a +1 works eventually,
> this does not really help anything IMO.
>
> I believe Jeff has already proposed this earlier but can we remove the
> failing dbench tests from smoke until we figure out what is going on?
>

> Regards,
> Nithya

I'm all for this. There's no point in wasting machine time. We have a few
failures which has provided statedumps. I'd say let's turn it off until we've
figured out what's wrong and fixed it.

+1

The general consensus at the community meeting where this was raised was to
disable dbench until we've figured out what's wrong.

I have a patch for review against the repo[1]. If I don't hear anything
convincing by evening, I'll merge it in and deploy to the test nodes.

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/pull/67

--
nigelb

~ Atin (atinm)