Re: Status of block and object storage on gluster(integration with containers as well)

On 08/31/2016 03:14 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
hi,
         I will be sending status of this work every week. This is first
mail of this work.

Thank you.

Work to be done in the coming weeks:
       - I will be sending initial cut of the design for snapshotting
the private storage by doing file snapshots in gluster.
       - I will be sending out initial cut of the subdirectory mounts
feature with tenant based access this week.

I did not understand the relation of the sub-directory mount feature to the block storage feature, could you elaborate?

       - Prasanna and I are working on limiting access of one private
storage by only one container. One way we thought of is to do internal
locking on the file so that other accesses will get errors. But we are
still looking to find other solutions.

Delegations(?) but stricter, that you cannot break them in the traditional fashion?