CFP Gluster Developer Summit

Hi,

I would like to propose the following talks:

1. Ttitle: Server side replication
    Theme: Gluster.Next
    Abstract: Achieving availability and correctness without compromising performance, is always a challenge in designing new storage replication technologies. In this talk I would talk about the following:
  • Challenges faced by client side replication
  • How we can address these challenges with server side replication
  • Use cases for both server side and client side replication

2. Title: Scalability Issues and probable solutions
    Theme: Stability and performance
     Abstract: Scalability in terms of number of nodes, and number of volumes in a cluster as of today is something I plan to explore in this talk. I would like to discuss the numbers we reach today, and probable solutions to get to better numbers. I would talk about the following:

  • Bottlenecks in scalability due to Glusterd and probable solutions
  • Scalability issues due to snapshot bricks' resource consumption and probable solutions

Regards,
Avra