Re: Using the CentOS Storage SIG repositories with gdeploy

Hi Neils,

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sac,

I've tried to use gdeploy to install Gluster on CentOS and wanted to
setup NFS-Ganesha with it. However I'm stuck with the initial steps that
I would not want to do manually on each of the systems. Could you
explain me how this is can be done with gdeploy?

In the examples there is package.conf [1] that mentions repositories.
How can I make it do these two steps:

 1. install the centos-release-gluster RPM
    This RPM contains the YUM .repo file that enables the repository

When you say you have the rpm, is it that you have the rpm file on your disk some where
or you have the url to rpm? If you have url to the rpm you can provide it in the package
name.

[hosts]
10.70.46.13
10.70.46.14
10.70.46.15

[yum1]
action="">
repos=
packages=<url to package>

[yum2]
repos=
action="">packages=glusterfs,glusterfs-server, ...

Let us say you have the rpmfile on your disk and want to copy to remote nodes and install:

[hosts]
10.70.46.13
10.70.46.14
10.70.46.15

[update-file]
action="">
src="" on your disk>
dest=/tmp/

[shell1]
action="">
command=yum install -y /tmp/rpmname --enablerepo=repoidglob

-sac

 2. install glusterfs-server from the newly added YUM repo

 3. install nfs-ganesha-gluster from the (disabled by default)
    centos-gluster38-test repository (also in the .repo file from 1.)

Also, is there any progress on packaging gdeploy for Fedora and the
Storage SIG?

Anoop CS answered this :-)

-sac