Re: Replacing loopback with Unix Domain Sockets for I/O

On November 18, 2015 at 2:44:39 PM, Prasanna Kumar Kalever (pkalever@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> As expected, I can see there are good numbers in the performance by using
> UDS (Unix Domain Socket), please checkout the results (extracted using
> Iozone benchmark tool attached above)

Those look like some pretty solid wins.  Can you provide more details about configuration
(e.g. with/without replication) and benchmark parameters (e.g. number of clients/threads)?
I think the next step is to determine when clients should use this path and how they find
that out, so that we can make it happen “automagically” if/when the appropriate option is
turned on.  For now it’s probably OK if it’s incompatible with TLS, though we’ll have to
address that eventually.  Nice work!