Re: Update on 3.7 feature freeze & branching

On 03/25/2015 10:43 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
On 03/19/2015 11:52 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
Hi All,

The last few days have been busy for us with feature patches getting
reviewed, rebased and merged. As of now we have been able to review and
merge most features that we wanted to have in 3.7. Parts of bitrot
detection & tiering features have already been merged on mainline and we
are awaiting few more patches from these areas to declare completion
with respect to features. We seem to be well set to feature freeze 3.7
tomorrow.

The missing pieces of bitrot detection and tiering are in now. So we are
good to declare feature freeze now. Kudos to all of us in reaching here :).

I will delay branching of 3.7 by a week or so after tomorrow to
primarily include several bug fixes and minor improvements in areas like
logging that have not received enough attention from us in the recent
past. I will send out an update as we have a release-3.7 branch.

Branching for 3.7 will happen after we merge coverity fixes, logging
improvements and critical bug fixes.

Maintainers - can you please provide an ACK for sanity of the quality of
your component(s) in 3.7? Basically we should aim to avoid functional
regressions and critical issues before we branch.

Once we have both of these in place, I will branch release-3.7.

Forgot to add - one more criterion for branching as discussed in today's community meeting is to have no known spurious regression test failures.

Thanks,
Vijay