Re: Feature Freeze for 3.7

On 02/23/2015 05:52 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
Hi All,

It is going to be a busy week for us considering the upcoming 3.7
feature freeze over the weekend. To facilitate timely reviews, I have
setup an etherpad [1] that will contain the list of patches related to
features which you would like to be reviewed before then. Can owners of
respective features update the etherpad so that reviewers know the
patches that need to be picked up on a priority basis? After doing this,
please be available in #gluster-dev on freenode so that any realtime
queries regarding your patch can be answered.

Also it would be great if more of us can review any/all patches
mentioned in the etherpad this week. Even if you are not familiar with
the entire patchset, providing an update on subset of files that you
have been able to review would vastly help in reducing the review burden
on core reviewers. If you have not been active on gerrit for code
reviews but intend being so, there is no better time than this week to
get started!

Thanks to all who helped with reviews this week. I propose that we push out the feature freeze date by slightly more than a week. Some rationale for that:

1. Accommodate more reviews - several patchsets are still being refreshed.

2. Every major feature merged requires a refresh from other features as there are common areas of code in glusterd etc. being modified.

3. Some feature owners do seem to require a bit more time to make the feature more complete.

4. Regression infrastructure was flaky last week but thanks to Justin we seem to be doing good now.

I propose Monday, March 9th as the new date for feature freeze. If there are no objections, I will update the 3.7 planning page [2] and I don't expect other milestones for 3.7 to be affected because of this variation in schedule.

I have also added a reviewer tag for all features listed in the review etherpad at [1]. If you are reviewing a feature or interested in contributing to reviews, please add yourself as a reviewer for the feature in the etherpad so that we can collaborate better.

Thanks,
Vijay

 [1] https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/review-for-glusterfs-3.7

 [2] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning37