Re: [geo-rep] Adding broken changelog into OLD htime file

On 02/23/2015 04:25 PM, Saravanakumar Arumugam wrote:
Hi,
Geo-replication make use of changelog translator (which is used to
capture all I/O operations happening in a Volume and this happens per
brick).
All the I/O operations happening are stored in
.glusterfs/changelogs/CHANGELOG.TS (where TS is timestamp).
All successful changelogs(in a session) are getting logged into HTIME file.

Now, we have a case where the Brick can go down (for example some crash)
and Changelog logging stops.

Consider, gluster volume is started again.
Now, the last CHANGELOG (which captured I/Os just before crash) is
getting included into the new HTIME file.
This leads to inconsistent timings. The last CHANGELOG should have been
included into the previous HTIME file.

I am planning to make changes in changelog translator so that the last
CHANGELOG will be included
into the previous HTIME file.  It will be renamed as CHANGELOG.<Previous
Changelog TS + 1>.

Would this be done as part of the init() routine for changelog xlator?

This will give better results when changes happened across a specific
duration is asked for.

Looks good to me.

Thanks,
Vijay