Object Quota feature proposal for GlusterFS-3.7

Hi All,

We are proposing files/objects quota feature for GlusterFS-3.7.

Here is the feature page: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Features/Object_Count

'Object Quotas' is an enhancement to the existing 'File Usage Quotas' and has the following benefits:
  • Easy to query number of objects present in a volume.
  • Can serve as an accounting mechanism for quota enforcement based on number of Inodes.
  • This interface will be useful for integration with OpenStack Swift and Ceilometer.

We can set the following Quota object limits, similar to file usage:
  • 1) Directory level - limit the number of files at the directory level
  • 2) Volume level - limit the number of files at the volume level

Looking forward for Question/Feedback.

Thanks,
Vijay