Re: Jenkins success/failure with *BSD thought

On 07/28/2014 08:33 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
Interestingly, we'll probably need to do something a bit smarter
with the regression testing "SUCCESS/FAILURE" status, for cases
like this:

   http://review.gluster.org/#/c/8380/

For that CR, the FreeBSD smoke test failed, but the later running
regression test passed and marked the whole thing as SUCCESS.

I'm thinking the regression test pass failure logic (at the end
of the testing scripting), should probably query the result of
the smoke tests, and if they failed then not reset that.

Anyone have better ideas/suggestions? :)

I've been meaning to ask (or suggest) this for some time....

To me a smoke test should be a simple compile and run the executable(s) to make sure they don't crash with the most basic configuration.

I think the posix tests that are in smoke.sh today should really be part of the regression test, e.g. .../basic/posix.t

For one thing it'd make the smoke.sh run faster.

--

Kaleb