IO Scheduling paper - worthy to be considered for GlusterFS ?

Hi,
     I came across this paper ...

http://www.ece.rice.edu/~pjv/mclock.pdf

while going thru a VMWare blog and this is the brief about what it claims to be :

In this paper, we presented a novel IO scheduling algorithm,
mClock, that provides per-VM quality of service in presence of variable overall throughput.
The QoS re-quirements for a VM are expressed as a minimum reservation, a maximum limit, and a proportional share.

A key aspect of mClock is its ability to enforce such controls even with fluctuating overall capacity, as shown by our implementation in the VMware ESX server hypervisor.

We also presented dmClock, a distributed version of
our algorithm that can be used in clustered storage system architectures.
We implemented dmClock in a distributed storage environment and showed
that it works as specified, maintaining global per-client reservations,
limits, and proportional shares, even though the schedulers run locally
on the storage nodes.

I thought this was worth sharing with the wider audience to see if there is any value  in looking at dmclock from a GlusterFS perspective ?

thanx,
deepak