Re: spurious regression failures again!

Joseph,

I am not sure I understand how this is affecting the spurious failure of bug-1112559.t. As per the mail you have attached, and according to your analysis, bug-1112559.t fails because a cleanup hasn't happened properly after a previous test-case failed and in your case there was a crash as well.

Now out of all the times bug-1112559.t has failed, most of the time it's the only test case failing and there isn't any crash. Below are the regression runs that pranith had sent for the same.

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB/541/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/173/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered/172/consoleFull

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-regression-2GB/543/console

In all of the above bug-1112559.t is the only test case that fails and there is no crash.

So what I fail to understand here is, if this particular testcase fails independently as well as with other testcases, then how can we conclude that any other testcase failing is somehow not doing a cleanup properly and that is the reason for bug-1112559.t failing.

mgmt_v3-locks.t fails because glusterd takes more time to register a node going down, and hence the peer status doesn't return what the testcase expects it to. It's a race. The testcase ends with a cleanup routine like every other testcase, that kills all gluster and glusterfsd processes, which might be using any brick ports. So could you please explain how or which process still uses the brick ports that the snap bricks are trying to use leading to the failure of bug-1112559.t.

Regards,
Avra