Re: xfs, fstab, glusterfs

Dear All,

I've made much progress on the mounting side of things - glusterfs is now clustering perfectly my Debian sub-servers in my "head" Leopard xServe - but I was still unable to write to the mounted filesystem without errors/refusals, and I only recently understood why: my xServe is unable to read/write to an xfs filesystem that is mounted into the local userspace through macfuse.

I know that without macFuse on a Leopard server, glusterfs has "server- only" capabilities. I also read that it is possible to re-export a glusterfs cluster through nfs, which leopard is able to understand - but I read that (a non-kernel) Fuse is necessary to do this, yet if the filesystem is first mounted into the local userspace, Leopard won't be able to read it! Catch-22...

For the time being, the only solution I see is to redo my network architecture to make one of the Debian sub-servers the nfs exporter (instead of having the Debian servers clustered and mounted in the Leopard head server) - yet is it possible that a unique Debian server be both a client and server? This way I could have a Debian server cluster and NFS-export two other debian servers, at the same time as being part of another cluster mounted on another Debian server. Does this sound feasable?

Thanks, best,

Josef.