Re: Hello! I neeed help with the gimp-pencil function of Script-fu

hi Tony!

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 10:11:10 +0300
Tatsu Takamaro via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I hope I found the right e-mail to ask. I've got just one question so I
> don't want to register on forums, maybe you could help me.
>
> I'm writing a script on Script-fu for GIMP. There is this line in my code:
>
> (gimp-pencil draw 2 #(500 1600))
>
> It draws one small dot and does it well. But when I write it this way:
>
> (gimp-pencil draw 2 #(s1x s2x))
>
> ... it returns error: "Error: Item 1 in vector is not a number (argument
> 3 for function gimp-pencil) #(s1x s2x) "
>
> The variables themselves are passed to the script correctly, they took
> part in calculations before that line and gave the correct result, so
> I'm sure, that GIMP treats s1x and s2x as numbers.
>
> So what am I doing wrong?

use:

(list s1x s2x)

or `(...) - backtick

there is python-fu too.

> Tony.

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://github.com/shlomif/PySolFC - open source Solitaire games

*shlomif:* hack, hack, hack ; save ; make ; make test; commit. And start over.

*mrjink:* hack, hack, hack; save; make; swear; fix typos; save; make; make
test; swear some more; hack some more; save; make; make test; cheer; commit.

*meep:* hack, make, test, segfault, oh noes, revert to previous revision