Re: PF_ENUM, SF_ENUM, dynamically defined enums for plugins

More information since my last email....

I prototyped this.  Using GTypeModule, a dynamically loaded module which
declares dynamic types.

So far, I seem to be  able to create a dynamic GEnum on the plugin side.But
I think it crashes on the GIMP side of the wire.That is, the plugin creates
a dynamic GEnum type on the plugin side,but when it passes a
g_param_spec_enum( ... the dynamic GEnum type )back to GIMP in a call to
gimp_procedure_add_argument (  pspec),the type doesn't exist on the GIMP
side of the wire and it fails withgimp-2.99:79): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
20:41:19.692: g_param_spec_enum: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_ENUM (enum_type)'
failed.

So I think that a new function is needed in GIMP:
gimp_procedure_register_enum(  array of strings).(Or array of key value
pairs?)
That would also create the dynamic GEnum on the GIMP side.

If you see a simpler solution, let me know and I can quit hacking at it.

An concept of  GIMP 3 is that GIMP does all the GUI for
plugins.Necessitating that plugins specify their enums to GIMP.
Which makes me wonder whether GEGL plugins delegate their GUI to GIMP,and
if they do, whether they specify enums to GIMP.