Re: How to distribute translated/translatable python plugins in 2.99

Thanks. Eventually made it to work.

I am planning to make tutorials for all the GIMP 3.0 API for plug-in
creation, and more generally extension creation. This will include
localization.
We are currently also in the process of reviving
https://developer.gimp.org/ (which is very outdated right now).

Since I just finished migrating my first V2 plugin to V3 I think I can
help there, with firsthand experience.  Recently retired, so plenty of
time. PM me you needs (En or FR). This will  give you more time to
finish GimpUi.ProcedureDialog which is still missing a replacement for
PF_OPTION, which is a major impairment for my migration efforts(*). Some
preference for the Wiki on Gitlab, though, unless markdown can be used
for developer.gimp.org/

That's actually one of the things I still have to review and make
decisions or changes about. Look at my little checkbox at the bottom
of this comment:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/8124#note_1493804
The one box still unchecked says "Menu paths" which I believe is what
you are asking about.

This is comment bait, and I won't resist...

(*) usage stats in my Python plugins:

      1 PF_GRADIENT
      1 PF_TEXT
      2 PF_LAYER