Re: Requirement documentation GIMP

On 1 Oct 2021 at 11:40, Vries, S.A. de (Sanne) via gi wrote:

> For this, we need documentation on the requirements of GIMP After a
> search on the Internet, we could not find any specification document
> on the requirements. Therefore, we were wondering if you could help us
> out by sending us documentation on the requirements used when
> developing the product? By this we mean the product requirements
> (maybe specified in a user story or ˜shall™ format), and not
> requirements for the developers of the code.

We are just a small team of volunteers. Everyone mostly works on the things
they are interested in. As such, we don't have many formal documents.

I am not even exactly sure what sort of requirements you are thinking of.
Product vision, new features are more or less available in our roadmap.

https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap

Some other pages on the wiki, although often very outdated, may be of
interest such as mindstorm and specs:

https://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Mindstorm%3A&namespace=0

https://wiki.gimp.org/index.php?title=Special%3APrefixIndex&from=Specs&namespace=0

Although you see this is not about code requirements, maybe there is
something in the development docs you can use too:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/tree/master/devel-docs

Best regards, vriendelijke groeten

Jacob Boerema