Re: Looking for gexiv2 maintainer

Hi Jens!

Didn't see this email until today.

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 2:30 AM Jens Georg <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am going to give up gexiv2 maintainership, for multiple reasons.

Ouch!

> One of them is that I have too many projects, the other one is I don't
> want to work with Exiv2 upstream anymore.
>
> I will do a final 0.14 release for GNOME 41 and than I'll stop caring.
> Sorry about that, but I have to let that go, for my onw personal
> sanity.

It's hard, but I understand. You should never give up sanity (or anything
which makes your life nice to live) for a program.

I hope we'll find a nice new maintainer for GExiv2 and I wish you a good
continuation. Thanks for all the past work! And obviously you'd be welcome
if you want to be back (as far as I can say on GIMP behalf at least).

As for Shlomi Fish, one is indeed a nice and useful person going around in
the community for quite a long time. So it's a good start! 🙂

Jehan

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot