Re: About The Python Script writing

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 1:52 AM Ofnuts via gimp-developer-list <
gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be more natural to write the migration program in Python
> itself (plus this needs Python2->Python3 migration)? Why add a

It's a third-party tool, not an official one. We don't have our say to what
people enjoying GIMP want to use it with? 🙂

This being said, someone could create a similar tool in Python or whatever
you want.

dependency on yet another language? Is there a decent C# runtime on Linux?

That's a good question. I have no idea.
In any case, if it were to be contributed as an official tool in the end,
your worry would be most valid as cross-platform code matters a lot. As
long as it's just a third-party tool, everyone may use whatever they want.

Jehan

> [...]
> > GIMP 2.99 (GIMP 3).
> > Yes, Scheme and Python, both.
> > It is still Draft level yet.
> > Scheme file was almost done, but, Python file is not complete yet.
> > (No workable Python code has been generated yet. Need manual editings.)
> >
> > Holding Items for Python. Can it be run on L
> > 1. class - Parameters (__gproperties__ = {)
> > 2. class - def do_create_procedure - procedure.add_argument_from_property
> > 3. pdb calling conversion ... not set out. Maybe, I know how to write.
> >    4. old procedure arguments migration
> >
> > On Python,
> > The formatted/migration-based  sources are created from the official
> > 'foggify.py' .
> > The qualified phrases using "<<term>>" replace by a value obtained from
> the
> > old code.
> >
> > Here is Questions.
> > 1. Can write PF_COLOR/PF_SPINNER/etc. block like a 'str/float' style in
> > '__gproperties__ = {' at class ?
> > 2. Is the Class name the Camel-style except "_" ?
> >     ex. python-fu-shiro-migration-test-210 > ShiroMigrationTest210
> > 3. Can the procedure definition name include "_"?
> >     (4th arg at 'procedure = Gimp.ImageProcedure.new' of 'def
> > do_create_procedure(self, name)')
> >     ex. def shiromigrationtest210 > ? def shiro_migration_test_210 OK?
> >

> > Initially, the development language was VB.net.
> > As a possibility in the future, if I publish the source code (or
> > project/solution) and expect other people to participate, I thought that
> C#
> > was more versatile, so I wrote it by C#, which I am not used to.
> >

> > We, the beginner level GIMP scripting users, are referring to the
> Procedure
> > Browser.
> > So, I think there are many cases that there are a lot of pdb.xxx calling
> > sentences in the file.
> > In this case, I feel that visibility deteriorates because there are the
> new
> > multiple lines per the old syntax line by the migration.
> >
> > Maybe, it is better that using not pdb calling but Gimp command (Gimp
> class
> > ?).
> > But currently there does not exist the comparison table/list for these.
> > I think it would be very useful if that will be provided.
> >

> > .zip Inf.
> > FileName : GIMPscriptMigSupport_API2to3.v.0.8.1.15.zip
> > FileDate : 2021/08/24 23:09:04     ( or * Downloaded Date * )
> > FileSize : 193099    (189KB)
> >     MD5 : 318f7a7002a44550188d630c9cd48cfa
> >    SHA1 : 2e6390231b13f39b4d20f81e70003641cbadf499
> >
> > FileName : API_Inf/RemovedFunctions_Replacement_GIMP3.txt   <- in zip
> > FileName : GIMPscriptMigSupport_API2to3.exe   <- in zip
> > FileName : GIMPscriptMigSupport_API2to3.exe.config   <- in zip
> > FileName : Ref_Inf/GIMP_Enums.txt   <- in zip
> > FileName : Ref_Inf/Py3_Import.txt   <- in zip
> > FileName : Ref_Inf/Py3_Registration.txt   <- in zip
> >
> >   GIMPscriptMigSupport_API2to3.v.0.8.1.15.zip

ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot
Tipeee: https://www.tipeee.com/zemarmot