Re: gimp on Windows slow to install

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:11:25, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list wrote:

> I noticed that GIMP is, by far, the slowest app to install on Windows.
> _Much_ slower than, for instance, LibreOffice that is about 1/3 bigger.
> Why is it so? Perhaps a too aggressive compression of the package?

Very aggressive compression, and GIMP's install size is almost twice as large as that of LibreOffice. Probably the biggest reason for slow install is because both 32 and 64-bit versions are in the same installer, and when doing a 64-bit install, a lot of 32-bit version is also installed; I've been meaning to look into optimizing this, but haven't gotten around to do it yet.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you when things go wrong.
       -- Chase's Rule For Success