Re: deriving transform by comparing image before/after edit

Thanks Adalbert,

I don't want to reverse the transformation, just characterize the forward transformation enough so that I can train neural nets to suggest one I like when shown any photo. You might say I want to use my before/afters to derive a filter for each photo, then train nets with large numbers of

   input_pic_i -> filter_i

so the net can learn to improvise a new filter for each new pic to my taste.

As someone just put it on reddit:

   Params = f(jpeg, histogram) [f() is a neural net]

   and then for each pixel in the jpeg: rgb_transformed = engine(rgb,
   Params)

Alternatively, I could try having nets predict the output pic's pixels directly, but it seems maybe too big for consumer GPU's.

Interface-wise, a plugin would 'watch' you edit and give you suggestions if you asked.

Here's an example of how neural nets can pick up my taste in pairing photos:

   http://phobrain.com/pr/home/siagal.html

Bill