Touchpad gestures for zooming

Hello,

I would like to implement touchpad gesture support in GIMP. Perhaps the
most useful use case is the ability to do pinch gesture to zoom the
currently opened image in and out. I would like to focus on just this
use case initially.

Is this something the team sees as an useful feature?

This is just an initial proposal, if the team deems the feature worth
exploration I would come back with a proof of concept implementation so
that we have something concrete to discuss.

Thanks,
Povilas