Re: Does this infringe GIMP's rights? Title, logo

On Wed, 2020-11-04 at 13:42 +0000, JAMES John via gimp-developer-list
wrote:
> [we] want to Re-release GIMP on the Windows Store.
>
> What we are confused about is whether this app violates the rights of
> GIMP? regarding its title and logo.

No - it's GIMP and it says it's GIMP. It must, however, also link back
to gimp.org and/or make the surce code available, so that anyone who
wants can change it, if they have a degree in image processing and
years of programming experience and cashmere wool socks :)

> Can we use similar names and logos?

Yes - GIMP is distributed under the GNU Public License v3, known as the
GPL, and so you should learn about that first.

ankh

with useless vintage art and utterly boring texts to read.
Click here to have the slave beaten.