Re: Bug

You are using a newer version on the PC than you are on the Mac.

Can you install a newer Mac version? It seems you may need to use Macports,
Homebrew, or Fink.
https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

I don't see anything obvious in the Changelogs, but if that doesn't work,
try version 2.10.14 on the PC and see if it behaves the same way. If it
does then the new version has already fixed the problem.

Chris